Please fill out the sap flow survey today (Monday) or by noon tomorrow if you wish to contribute to the weekly report. You can also text, call, or email me with updates at:
Mobile: 519 835 5872
If you’re not busy in your bush yet, there are a few great online events happening soon..
From the website:
The 2023 Forest Health Showcase will take place virtually on Wednesday, February 15, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
This free event is co-hosted by Forests Ontario, Natural Resources Canada, and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
Highlights and speakers inlcude:
- Ontario Forest Health Survey Results (an excellent summary of pest and forest conditions in the previous year) – Dan Rowlinson, MNRF
- Preparing for the Aftermath Forest; managing beech regeneration in the face of Beech Bark Disease – Javier Cappella, Westwind Forest Stewardship Inc.
- Wind Damage in Woodlots – Eric Boysen, NewLeaf Forest Service
- An Overview of Invasive Forest Pest Conditions in Canada – Nicole Mielewczyk, CFIA
Click here to register.
A Free Webinar Series by Future Generations University
This monthly webinar series covers a broad array of topics of interest to the maple syrup producer: from tree science and woodlot management to marketing and taxes. Featuring industry experts and producers, each session will have a presentation or two followed by Q&A. Stay tuned as the schedule rolls out.
Feb 16, 2023 07:00 PM – Growing Income from Your Forest
Mar 16, 2023 07:00 PM
Apr 20, 2023 07:00 PM
Past webinars include:
- Standards and Grading
- Record-keeping for Production & Business
- Sanitation Session
- Climate Change Impacts and Risks to Southern Maple Production
- Finding New Markets
- Business & Finances