Happy November! It’s time to begin thinking about pest management for next year, especially for folks who struggled with LDD moth in 2020-2021. Here are some free webinars to keep you updated on the situation.
LDD Moth Webinar: A review of our 2021 experience, and a look forward to 2022
Wednesday Dec 1, 2021, 7-8pm EST
Hosted by the Forest Health Network. Tune in for a situation update, getting ready for 2022, and management from urban and woodlot perspectives.
- An introduction to the pest and its impact, and getting ready for 2022 (Eric Boysen)
- A forester’s perspective on LDD management in oak woodlands (Fraser Smith)
- Dealing with LDD issues in an urban environment (Jason Pollard)
- Aerial spraying to combat LDD – background and planning considerations (Paul Zimmer)
Link to registration can be found here.
Past LDD moth webinars hosted by various parties are listed below:
Forest Health Review 2021 (October 28, 2021; recording available until early December 2021, Forests Ontario)
LDD Moth: Taking stock of current management options in ongoing outbreaks (October 13, 2021, Invasive Species Centre)
LDD moth webinar (June 10, 2021, Forest Health Network)
Forests under attack: the history, dispersal and management of the gypsy moth (August 2020, Invasive Species Centre)
Oak Wilt Webinar
Tuesday, Nov 23, 2021, 9am-12pm EST
Hosted by the Forest Health Network. Join for an overview of the pest and updates on prevention and mitigation research across Canada and the US.
- Oak wilt overview (Richard Wilson)
- CFIA update (Erin Bullas)
- USDA update (Bruce Moltzan)
- Ontario research update (Sharon Reed)
Registration and detailed agenda found here.